Monday 13 July 2009

To the anonymous "friend"...

...who wrote some words of advice on my guestbook regarding this blog.

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. I have a fair idea who you are (from your IP as well as my instinct!) and I am a little disappointed that you didnt approach me in person, or at least privately.

As I had said on this blog the intention was for people to see the real person that I am and to see what comes with the territory of my work. I feel now that some things are best left unsaid - maybe because you were right in your words, or maybe because it is not necessary to share my learnings and experiences with those other than my close circle. I shall leave that to your perception...


So; To Everyone reading this blog:

I am just going to keep it professional and light hearted from now on.

I am an open person who likes to share my soul, my experiences, my thoughts... All of us in this world are far from perfect, yet showing our imperfections opens us up to misinterpretation and occasionally results in criticism.

Being in the public domain in the small way that I am, opens up myself to attack from strangers, just for being me... I can handle this, it is to be expected. I don't get upset because you can't please all of the people all of the time, everyone is different. I do consider what is said and make changes if I feel it's necessary.

I know that everything is down to perception. Nobody will ever know exactly what I mean - it is human nature to make our own meanings from the way we see things. We view the world through eyes that are shaped by our past experiences and beliefs. So we choose how to view a person, in a good light or a negative one.. that is perception. There's not a lot I can do to change the way you choose to perceive me.

So the less I give out, the less information people have to read into... It is not necessary for the world to know what is going on in my world apart from those things which are relevant to my musical purpose. While in the past expressing everything has drawn many people closer, it has annoyed friends who wish to be anonymous and I don't want that.

I hope this goes some way to explain the censorship of this blog, to those that subscribed or noticed posts were missing.

No comments: